Sherry Tenorio – our writer, PR, all around cute rah-rah girl came by today and told me it’s about time I blog.
“Blog about what?” I said.
“Anything,” she said. “Just blog.”
Well, I’m not exactly new to blogging. Had an active blog some 7 odd years ago, before Multiply became a shopping site, pre-Facebook and Tumblr. (Yes, that makes me sound so ancient and uncool, right?)
But I’ve stopped, since I got busy with Illustrado. That, and suddenly feeling overly conscious that me and my sometimes “big mouth” might get the better of me vis-a-vis work.
And what exactly should I blog about?
- My (sometimes complicated) musings on the Filipino life outside the homeland?
- The complicated/stressful/neurotic/fulfilling/happy/interesting/normal life of a lifestyle glossy editor-in-chief/social entrepreneur/closet activist/proud Pinoy/doting mom and wife/little girl pretending to be a big girl kind of a person?
- Or the guilty pleasure of playing spectator to the bitchy exchanges in the local fashion industry in glitzy Dubai (bring out the popcorn! I bet you’d like to watch too 😛 )
- My fear of aging (hmmmnnn)? Insomnia? The growing potbelly I’ve acquired since last summer (which has a life of its own and thinks it’s here to stay) and how I’ve always wanted to learn to dance hip-hop but never got the nerve to join the teens in the local dance studio?
- Even better, my affinity for Steve Jobs, Delivering Happiness, hope and optimism, cake (?), the environment and how I just might be turning Taoist or Buddhist sometime in the future?
There are so many different things to talk about,
Perhaps, even against my better judgment 😛
But what the heck.
And so, here goes …
Hello world. Is anybody out there?